9.07.2005


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were all meant to shine as children do. Its not just in some of us, its in everyone. And as we all let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same, as we are liberated from our own fear - our presence automatically liberates others. Sir, I just want to say 'thank you,' you saved my life. -- Timo Cruise (Rick Gonzales), Coach Carter

Its really not that great of a line, but the delivery the actor gave it made it what it is. Good movie, over all.

Its almost 2AM and I'm in the middle of an all-nighter in the satellite offices out here in Florham Park. Which means one of two things - if we finish early enough to justify going home, we have an hour drive cutting into our sleep going there and coming back in the morning. Or, we don't finish early enough to justify going home. That's the other option, which means I get to sleep an hour maybe, sitting up, then get to wear the same clothes tomorrow.

So that's why I missed a Christian Carnival post for the first time in a while. I'll try to get something of value up maybe tomorrow or Friday to make up for that.

I'm not super bummed about work as the honeymoon phase with the new company is still fresh, thanks in large part to the 4 months being unstaffed. But if this pace keeps up, it will fade fast.

Back to work.

1 comment:

83princess said...

Good movie.
Thanks for reminding me about that part because I remember liking it it a lot when I first watched the movie.

Working in the same clothes for 2 days...I don't know if I could do that.
:-)

Have a great day!