9.10.2005


2 days of not much work. After a bear of a Tuesday / Wednesday its been nice to chill for a couple days...

We'll find out early next week if the pitch was successful. If not...its back on the searching-for-work wagon. In which case I think I'm going to call my HR rep in Houston and see if there's any option for me to do a little volunteer work down in NO during my time off. Could be quite the opportunity, if it works out.

After waiting for work to not happen today, I headed out to pick up the new prescription for my hands (long story short I have some kind of chronic allergic Eczema, whatever). Then running shoes and a couple books I've been wanting. When you go shopping for new running kicks, the service you get in the shop makes all the difference in the world. If he takes 2 mintues to look at the tread on my old shoes, watch the way I walk, feel my arches, and then suggests a new shoe...he could be suggesting the worst shoe, charge me twice the retail value, and I'd still buy it and thank him. This is what I need when I get new running shoes.

On the way home, Joel calls and wants to grab drinks and play some Golden Tee as the women (namely, his wife) are at a monthly ministry leaders meeting, or something. So that's what we did.

If I could golf in real life like I do on Golden Tee, this blog never would have happened. That's all I have for tonight. Pitiful, I know, but I'm hoping to ply you with meaty Saturday posting to make up for the weak effort lately.

Fall kicks off this weekend. Keller is preaching again, youth group starts full fledged, MCM Monday night, HFG on Wednesday.

I'm ready.

No comments: