Blogging, as it was intended from before the concept of time even existed, from my rooftop deck, beneath the illumination and noise of the GLBT parade. I will leave it to your internet search techniques to discover the origin of said acronymn, but to my memory the acronym is correct and these fireworks are rainbowically correct as well.
I like this day of the year simply because they feature (usually) the best fireworks display from our particular city view. I suppose, should I move at some point to the West Village, I should have a similarly wonderful point of view, however subjected it may be to the exuberant festivities I in no way doubt are taking place in said neighborhood at this moment.
The fireworks show was exceedingly short this year. This is surprising. There was nothing even nearing a grand finale. Interesting.
Juuuuuuust cruising in under the deadline that would have been a month sans writing anything at all.
Anyway, gotta new approach. Gotta have one. Its like this: something's better than nothing. So here's a preview of the new format:
- ADP wants me for a World Vision project, based on South Africa, starting in August. Its very surreal at the moment. Have to get the current project to let me go, first, but that's like the last thing before packing up all my stuff on the week of 4th of July, and then I'm gone, til some time next year. So...yeah.
- Had another really great day just enjoying the West Village. Beautiful weather for it, went to Nicole's church and then brunched after. I really, really want to move to that nabe when (if?) I come back from South Africa (if means if I go, not if I'll come back or not. I'm coming back. At least for a while.).
- I haven't even tried to write anything of mildly theological substance lately, but I'm ok with that. I've been learning a LOT this past year or so and I feel like an athlete coming back from a season off for injury or something. Not to say I'll get back on that soon, but I at least hope to.
- Camera broke on the last trip to Young Life camp. Gotta get a new one quick. Need to throw some pix up, too.
- Youth group is winding down for the summer break again. 5 years - in a beautiful heartbeat. Wow. Speaking of which, we're headed to New Orleans this summer for another rebuilding trip. Appreciate your support...more to come on that.
- Still stuck in Chicago every week in the meantime (that pretty much covers the rest).
Disclaimers: 1. Formalities: This is a personal web-log. The opinions and information provided on this page are the sole responsibility of the author. These opinions do not represent the official statements or views of his employer, nor do they represent the views of any institution, corporation, or other organization. This blog and all its contents, in each of its parts and as a whole are copyright David Knowles, Jr., 2009. 2. Frivolities: This is a personal web-log. I'm relearning some HTML. Something not working? Shout out. Idea for improvement? Please provide. Surging, irresistible need to confess your undying love for the Dave? You may proceed.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."