9.29.2005


Its what-to- write-about Wednesday again. Wednesdays are always the toughy. Mondays have become the what-I-did- with-my-weekend post, and I'm trying to keep the personal blather (unless its something I want to note in particular) restrained to just Mondays. Tuesdays are theology Tuesdays, Thursdays are the weekly links, and Fridays are usually a cheaters post of some kind as I'm either a) beat tired, b) rushing into the weekend, or most likely c) both.

Its hump-day that poses a problem. The thing about Wednesday is its the one day I never really feel like I have anything to type out. I've been immersed in work for 30-40 hours over the past 3 days, and creativity is hitting its low-point.

I don't know about other people, but Fridays are usually a wash for me at work. When Friday rolls around, I've worked so hard the past 4 days that I'm lucky if I'm half as productive on a Friday as I am any other day of the week. You just see straight through work into the weekend at that point. Unless you happen to be working the weekend, in which case you just kind of stare at the wall. So I'm glad to be at a company that has flexible hours, at least depending on the project you may or may not be on. Theoretically.

Furthermore, I have a weak point in the day. For about an hour, usually somewhere between 3-5pm, I operate at sub-standard levels. It gets hard to focus and sometimes even stay wide awake. Come 4-5ish, though, I snap right out of it, catch my second wind, and can work til at least 2 or 3am if necessary without missing a beat.

You've probably figured out by now that I'm not coming up with anything to say. I need to solve this problem if I'm ever going to write for a living. Because right now, the only difference it makes is that you're going to go to some other site at the end of the next sentence. But then, it will make the difference between what kind of colleges my kids will be able to attend.

2 comments:

83princess said...

You really sound exahusted!! I hope you get some rest this weekend!
:-)

David said...

GORDO...whattup man. The only thing I could think after reading your comment was "I AM THE SMARTEST MAN ALIVE"