6.18.2005



If you are really a product of a materialistic universe, how is it that you don’t feel at home there?… Our lifelong nostalgia, our longing to be reunited with something in the universe from which we now feel cut off, to be on the inside of some door which we have always seen from the outside, is no mere neurotic fancy, but the truest index of our real situation…. If that is so, I must take care, on the one hand, never to despise, or be unthankful for, these earthly blessings, and on the other, never to mistake them for something else of which they are only a kind of a copy, or echo, or mirage. I must keep alive in myself the desire for my true country, which I shall not find till after death; I must never let it get snowed under or turned aside; I must make it the main object of life to press on to that other country and to help others to do the same. – C.S. Lewis

The next time you feel like complaining, remember that your garbage disposal probably eats better than thirty percent of the people in this world. - Bob Orben

(yes, we missed thursday linkery, so what's new? hopefully we'll throw up some semblance of goodies tomorrow, perhaps even with an explanation of yesterday and today's malbloggery. and maybe even some of those pictures from the atlanta trip i never got around to putting up. maybe.)

No comments: