3.10.2006


You know that point in your life where you realize that the house you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? All of a sudden, even though you have some place that you put your shit, that idea of home is gone?

...You'll see one day when you move out - it just sorta happens one day - its gone. You'll never get it back. Its like you feel homesick for a place that doesn't even exist. Or maybe its like this rite of passage, you know? You won't ever have that feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself - you know - for, for your kids, for the family you start - its like a cycle or something. I don't know...but I miss the idea of it. Maybe that's all family really is - a group of people that miss the same imaginary place...
Garden State


The problem with working these disgustingly long hours is that it totally drains me. I mean, I have no idea how I'm going to keep writing regularly - I've got nothing at the end of the day, even if I have the actual time to sit and hack something out before passing out. And of course, its Thursday, and I've had no time to surf (the net) and...so, I've got like 2 piddly things for you.

Happy downloading.

This looks fun and cool - put your places on Google Maps.

This is where I first got kissed. How's THAT for a link.

Tomorrow I cram all morning, then fly all afternoon, and when I get off the plane I drive all evening to Young Life camp with the youth group. Get home Sunday evening, laundry, pack, sleep, and back to my tropical torment. If I see you again before next Tuesday, well...I'll see you then.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oddly enough, I watched Garden State on the plane back to El Paso. Also strange is that I spent a week in my favorite city, Washington, D.c. ... only to find myself missing the Sun City. I never thought I'd never actually prefer to be in El Paso vs. D.C. I was wrong.