11.29.2005


Black Monday, or whatever they're calling it - apparently the day everyone gets back to work and starts their Christmas shopping on the internet. Why anyone would bother shopping anywhere else is beyond me - I don't plan on shopping anywhere else. Shopping online, I never have to leave the house, look for parking, navigate crowds, search endlessly for something they already sold out of, wait in line, wait in line again to get wrapped, forget where I parked, sit in traffic, and so on and so forth. Of course as I'm describing this arduous process that so many women seem to find worth the trouble to spend time shopping...its about the same thing I'll go through to watch a football game live. Not to mention that I'm driving to Pittsburgh to do that in a couple weeks.

My brother Jonny caught a ride back to college yesterday afternoon. We had a great week and a couple days together. He spent a few days tooling around the city on his own, we caught the G. Love show, saw the parade from the church offices...

...had dinner with the Cooke's, saw the Moma (this is Jonny and Matt appreciating one of the multitudes of boobs present there)...

...and the Met, saw Harry Potter, hit the Statue of Liberty...

...and even played poker with the guys Saturday night (I went big, tripled up on my buy in by night's end). Caught church on Sunday then put him on the road, came back and watched the games over at Ko's. I won my week in the pool and I think that means I clinch a playoff spot but the stupid Yahoo thing hasn't updated yet. Hard to see the 'burgh go down like that, especially with another tough game just 6 days out.

Never did get to those Friday links like I promised, so here's a couple or three bonus Monday links to make up for it...

The coolest clock ever.

Cool interview with the guys behind Homestarrunner.

For everyone who's ever hated not being able to get through to a real person when they need some customer service. Which is really like saying, "For everyone."

No comments: