1.25.2005



Saw this tonight on my way home - walking up, well, you can guess which avenue. It looked a bit too heavy to carry comfortably, but its somewhere in the upper 30's, on a South-East corner, should you want a big blue piece of New York memorabilia. Like others, I'm a fan of the new signs they're putting up around midtown.

I'm having a tough time deciding whether or not I like titles on my posts at all. Sometimes they serve their purpose, but often I find I'm just trying to think of something. Something catchy, something that says "Hey! We're cool words! Read our smaller friends, below, they're cool too!" I suppose my decision will be rather evident, should I ever get around to making it.

Haven't reviewed a single movie lately, so by means of catch-up on my Netflix history:

Freaks & Geeks: I ended my TV / Mini-series blitz (started with Band of Brothers, then Sports Night, then this) with this engaging show that I think aired in the late 90's / early 00's. Good acting, interesting story lines - albeit sometimes jumpy between episodes, ended kind of in the middle of things, it felt like.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Splendidly put together, just like its predecessors, yet I still have that general discomfort with making sorcery and witchcraft so idyllic to children.

Endless Summer: Timeless Classic. I could watch footage like that for days on end.

The Chronicles of Riddick: Contrived. Bad acting. A few cool effects, that's about it. Expect to see Vin run for political office someday, at this rate.

The Ladykillers: I'm only half-way through this one just yet, but so far the Coen-Hanks mix seems to be living up to expectations.

---

I'm off to Syracuse for recruiting tomorrow and the following day, getting back Wednesday night. As I'm still saving for that G5 Powerbook I so dearly hope is in my future, and am therefore laptop-free (except for the 2 useless ones I haven't gotten around to e-baying), there is little chance of writing before I return, at best. Let's just say I'm already a little nervous about Thursday linkery getting pushed for the 3rd week running.

I like traveling, but I have a feeling I'm not going to enjoy traveling for these purposes, for this company, very much. But it is a lifesaving break from the office that I've been needing, so no complaints.

Pizza's ready, good night.

No comments: